My birthday is on Sunday. I will be turning 23. But my family celebrated today because I’m basically going to be gone all weekend to see Ryan and Franny.
My mom apologized for not making a big deal about my birthday and for not giving me very many presents. The thing is though. I don’t care. If that sounds unappreciative, that’s not what I mean. What I mean is that what matters to me is that she took the time to get the ingredients for my favorite food (which I usually only have one my birthday) and my favorite desert (which I make often bc it’s so damn good), and we made both together. What also means a lot to me is that the few gifts she and Stew got for me, had clearly been well thought out. It’s those small traditions that I value more than a big hullabaloo.
Btw, recipe for Death by Chocolate Cake
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup oil
- Mix eggs, sour cream, water, and oil together well in a bowl (don’t use a whisk)
- Add to this mixture
- 1 package of chocolate cake mix
- 1 package of INSTANT chocolate pudding
- 12 Oz bag of chocolate chips
- Stir together then put in greased and floured bundt pan
- Bake at 350° for 50 min